About Aurohealth Milk thistle
Milk thistle is a tall herb with large purple flowers and small hard seed fruits with medicinal properties. The main active ingredient in milk thistle is silymarin which is both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. The seeds make the concentrated silymarin that contains 65-80% flavonolignans, flavonoids and fatty acids which positively affects our metabolism. Being antioxidant in nature, silymarin scavenges free radicals, inhibits enzymes allowing free radical formation.
- Benefits for people with liver disorder.
- Considered to treat liver problems
- Antioxidant and chemoprotective benefits for liver
- Extended benefits for heart, nervous system and kidneys.
Milk thistle also contains grape seed extract which is a derivative of grape seeds. Being rich in antioxidants and proanthocyanidin, it is linked with therapeutic properties due to being stable in acid-base environment. Proanthocynaidin also called procyanidin is a chain of catechin molecules that are polyphenols commonly found in tea, wine, cocoa, sorghum, barley, nuts and fruits like apple, grapes, berries, plums.
- Regular intake of 150-300 mg of grape seed extract is good for heart health
- Helps in treatment of high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, poor circulation, nerve damage.
- Aids in wound healing
L-methionine, an essential amino acid is also present in milk thistle. L-methionine is a powerful antioxidant and scavenges free radicals and slower the ageing process. Methionine is responsible for collagen formation resulting in improved skin, hair and nails condition. Also, it acts as building blocks for L-carnitine, adrenaline, choline and melatonin. In addition, methionine reduces histamine levels in body contributing to reduction in allergies. L-methionine contains Sulphur, thus acidifies the urine. This property of L-methionine has many benefits like: -
- Optimization of antibiotics like ampicillin
- Prevent kidney stone formation
- Inhibit bacterial growth during cystitis
- Protects the body from toxic substances
Deficiency of L-methionine results in edema i.e. fluid retention, susceptibility to infections, arteriosclerosis and hair loss. Thus, it is mandatory to have 13 mg per kg body weight of histamine on a daily basis. Sources of histamine include beef, fish, poultry, eggs, brazil nuts and sesame seeds.
- treats liver disorders
- improving wound healing
- treats depression
- reduces allergies
- reduces anti-aging effects
Another ingredient of milk thistle is curcumin which is an active ingredient of turmeric. Curcumin is also found in limited amounts in ginger. Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin has a poor bioavailability and black pepper (piperine) enhances its absorption. Yellow pigment curcumin is commonly used as a spice in curry preparations and is anti-carcinogenic.
- Alleviates cognitive declination with age
- Reduces arteriosclerosis or plaque formation in arteries resulting in heart diseases
- Reduces diabetes risk
- For intestinal purposes, 2-4 gm curcumin dose daily is necessary
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Inhibits tumor and fights cancer
- Prevents fat growth and accumulation
- Reduces depression
- Slower the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
Aurohealth Milk thistle Dosage
- Take 1 capsule with water, preferably with meals.
- Consult your dietitian/ certified gym trainer prior to confirm dose along with diet and exercise regimen.
Aurohealth Milk thistle Storage
- Keep the lid tightly closed.
- Store in a cool, dark and dry place
- Keep away from direct sunlight, and out of reach of children.
Aurohealth Milk thistle Warning
- Consult your physician prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- This natural product may vary in color.
- This does not reflect a variation in potency.