About Avipattikar Churna
Avipattikar Churna is a combination of ayurvedic herbs recommended for gastrointestinal problems. It is a wonderful blend of natural traditional ayurvedic herbs that help in the acidity treatment. It consists of natural herbs that balances the pH of stomach and helps to relieve acidity. The natural herbs used in this natural product are believed to reduce the formation of acid in the stomach and helps in the hyperacidity treatment. It helps in complete digestion of the food and helps to prevent gas formation.Avipattikar Churna also helps in other digestive ailments such as constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, etc. The main ingredient in this product is amla which is believed to be very beneficial natural treatment for digestive disorders. Amla consists of anti-oxidants that fight against the unwanted elements in the body.
Ingredients of Avipattikar Churna
- Sonth (dried ginger) Zingiber officinale
- Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum)
- Long Pepper (Piper Longum)
- Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) Terminalia Chebula
- Bibhitaki (Bahera or Beleric Myrobalan) – Terminalia Bellirica
- Amla (Amalaki or Indian Gooseberry) – Emblica Officinalis
- Mustaka (Nut Grass) – Cyperus Rotundus
- Vaividang (False Black Pepper) – Embelia Ribes
- Green Cardamom – Elettaria Cardamomum
- Tejpatta (Indian Bay Leaf) – Cinnamomum Tamala
- Laung (Clove) – Syzygium Aromaticum
- Nishoth (Turpeth) – Operculina Turpethum
- Misri (candy sugar – crystallized sugar lumps)
Medicinal Properties of Avipattikar Churna
- Digestive Stimulant
- Mild Diuretic
Medicinal Indications of Avipattikar Churna
Avipattikar Churna is helpful in following health conditions.
- Chronic Gastritis
- Loss of appetite
Kidneys & Urinary System
- Urinary Problems
- Difficulty In Micturition
- Kidney Stones
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Uremia (raised urea level in the blood) – In Kidney failure
- Chronic Kidney failure
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Avipattikar Churna
Avipattikar Churna affects organs of digestive system, excretory system and urinary system. It neutralizes the acid secretion in the stomach.
Acid Dyspepsia and Indigestion
Avipattikar Churna is effective in acid dyspepsia (indigestion) characterized by loss of appetite, stomach discomfort, nausea, sour and burning vomit, heartburn (Retrosternal Burning) and burning sensation in the throat. The Coconut water (Nariyal Pani) is an excellent adjuvant for Avipattikar Churna in such case. The beneficial ayurvedic medicine for indigestion is as follows.
- Avipattikar Churna- 3 to 5 grams
- Praval Pishti-500 mg
- Amalaki Rasayana-250 mg
- Licorice (Mulethi)Powder-1 gram
- Giloy Sat-500 mg
Heartburn (Retrosternal Burning)This combination should be given immediately after meal with coconut water. This combination is effective for following symptoms.
- Burning Sensation in abdomen
- Early Satiety
- Postprandial Fullness
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
This combination helps neutralizing the acid and impelling the excess acid in the intestines, which relieves the all these gastric symptoms. The regular use of this combination helps healing the metabolic processes and controls the acid production. Furthermore, it balances the acid secretion and reduces the irritation to stomach lining, which helps getting complete relief from the diseases. The complete course of treatment should be at least for 4 weeks to prevent recurrence.
Gastritis is an inflammation of stomach linings. Several things can play a role in development of chronic gastritis including medications (anti-inflammatory drugs), Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), etc. All the above when mucus-lined barrier weakens due to these several causes, digestive juices starts affecting the stomach lining and gastritis develops.
Avipattikar Churna is a powerful remedy to expelling the acid from the stomach to the intestines, which helps reducing the inflammation and rebuilding mucus-lined barrier. However, Avipattikar Churna does not provide complete relief and it can just used as supporting other important remedies for used for gastritis. The good herbal remedy for gastritis is as follows.
- Vanshlochan (Tabasheer)–Bamboo Manna-500 mg
- Giloy Sat-500 mg
- Amalaki Rasayana-500 mg
- Licorice(Mulethi Powder)-1000 mg
- Coriander Leaves powder(Dhania)-1000 mg
- Cumin (Jeera)-500 mg
GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic form of acid reflux. It occurs when stomach content flows back into the esophagus or food pipe. This irritates the linings of food pipe cause severe heartburn, burning in the throat, dysphagia, chest pain, hoarseness, sour taste, etc.
Avipattikar Churna only prevents flow back of the stomach content impelling it to intestines. However, it has no action on the weakness of the lower esophageal sphincter, which is the main cause of GERD. For removing the root cause, one may require other remedies such as Abhrak Bhasma, Yashad Bhasma, Vanshlochan, Licorice, etc. The combination given in the chronic gastritis is also helpful in this case.
Kidneys & Urinary System
A few ayurvedic doctors are using Avipattikar Churna in kidney diseases, but we have found it very effective in kidney and urinary disorders.
Difficulty in Micturition (Difficulty Passing Urine)
If the prostate is not the cause of difficulty passing the urine, then Avipattikar Churna can help. Avipattikar Churna has diuretic action. It acts on APANA VATA, which induces urination and helps in excretion, as per ayurvedic concept. It corrects the action of APANA VATA, which helps in a proper flow of the urine. Avipattikar Churna helps in difficulty initiating urination and frequent urination with a few drops of urine.
Many ayurvedic doctors have ignored the use of Avipattikar Churna in kidney stones, but it is highly effective and even it can work alone in removing the kidney stones. Hajrul Yahood Bhasma is used with Avipattikar Churna for getting promising results.
Nephritis & Nephrotic Syndrome
Avipattikar Churna has anti-inflammatory action, but this action is more visible on kidneys. It reduces inflammation of kidneys, glomeruli, tubules and interstitial tissue. Therefore, it is effective in all types of nephritis including glomerulonephritis, interstitial nephritis and tubulo-interstitial nephritis.
In Nephrotic Syndrome, Avipattikar Churna is used along with Chandraprabha Vati and Punarnava Powder or Punarnavarishta. This combination reduces protein loss in the urine, reduces swelling (edema) and excess fluid retention.
- Avipattikar Churna-3 to 5 grams (1 tsp.)
- Chandraprabha Vati-500 mg to 1000 mg
- Punarnava Powder-3 grams
Uremia & Chronic Kidney failure
Avipattikar Churna is the safe remedy for uremia and chronic kidney failure, but if diabetes is the reason for kidney failure, then it should not be used because it contains sugar content. It is one of the ayurvedic medicines, which reduce the blood urea levels and keep it under control.
Dosage & Administration of Avipattikar Churna
- Children-1 to 3 grams
- Adults-3 to 6 grams
- Geriatric(above 60 yrs)-3 grams *
- Maximum Possible Dosage-12 grams Per Day(in divided doses)
Side effects of Avipattikara Churna
- In a few, it may cause diarrhoea, watery stools, abdominal pain and dehydration.
- Since sugar is added, this product is not recommended for diabetic people.
- People with diabetes, hypertension, sensitive stomach, ulcerative colitis, diarrhoea, should exercise caution while taking Avipattikar Choorna.
- It is dangerous to take this medicine without prescription from an Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is not advisable for pregnant ladies and for children below 12 years, unless a doctor prescribes it.