About Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
Brahmi Ghrita is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated ghee containing Brahmi (Bacopa monneri), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Kushtha (Sassurea lappa), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulos pluricalis), Trikatu and other herbs in cow ghee. In Ayurveda Brahmi (Bacoppa monniera) is considered an agent which stimulates and nourishes brain. It is used to improve memory,intelligence, learning skills,speech and curing various brain related diseases. Brahmi is a proven nootropic (cognitive enhancer)agent.
Brahmi Ghrita improves mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration. It is very useful for people suffering from epilepsy as treatment of epilepsy causes adverse effect on memory and other mental functions. If one takes Brahmi Ghrita while on treatment of epilepsy it helps to maintain normal brain function.
Brahmi is known and clinically proven brain tonic and one can use Brahmi Ghrita for improving general health. Brahmi Ghrita is recommended in the management of various psychological disorders like Unmada (Insanity), Apasmara (epilepsy), hysteria etc.
Ingredients of Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
Bacopa Monnieri - interacts with serotonergic systems, but its main mechanism concerns promoting neuron communication. It does this by enhancing the rate at which the nervous system can communicate by increasing the growth of nerve endings, also called dendrites. Bacopa monnieri is also an antioxidant.
Acornus Calamus - Despite safety concerns, calamus is commonly used by mouth for different stomach problems, including ulcers, inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis), diarrhea, intestinal gas (flatulence), upset stomach, and many more.
Convolvuvlus Pluricaulis - is a cooling agent, tonic and blood purifier. It is used to treat many skin disorders and is known to have a calming effect on the nervous system. Other medicinal uses of Khas-Khas include ringworm treatment, indigestion and loss of appetite.
Benefits of Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
- It is alterative, brain tonic, sedative and nervine tonic.
- It is medhya Rayasana (neurotonic).
- It helps improve intellect, memory, learning ability, concentration and other brain functions.
- It helps improve speech and cures hoarseness of voice and other speech related issues.
- It helps in learning and memory disorders.
- It helps lower serum urea and serum creatinine in dose dependent manner.
- It is very nutritious.
- It is known to help in internal dryness.
- It improves weight, luster, and digestion.
- It is beneficial in constipation.
- It gives strength to brain, nerves, eyes, rectum and other body organs.
- It balance Pitta and Vata disorder.
- It nourishes gastrointestinal mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
Indications of Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
- Myalgia–depression induced bodyache
- Stress disorder
- Apasmara (Epilepsy) Psychiatric disorders
- Brain tonic, Improves memory
- Cognitive problems
- Mental Diseases
- Mental retardation
- Sleep disorders
- Impairment of speech and voice
- Speech problem
- Skin diseases
Effect of Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
Calms Vata,Pitta and Kapha
Dosage of Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
- As medicine –quarter to half teaspoon with water,usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- For Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure,the dose depends on the disease status and the judgement of Ayurvedic doctor.
Precautions of Baidyanath Brahmi Ghrita
- There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- In very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea and indigestion.
- People suffering from obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure, Diabetics, high cholesterol should use this medicine with precaution.
- It is usually administered with warm water.