About Harital (Godanti) Bhasma
Godanti Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine, prepared from Gypsum. It is used in Ayurveda for headache, Chronic Fever, leucorrhea etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision. The main action of Godanti Bhasma is on brain, blood vessels and lungs. It is well known in ayurvedic world for the management of fever and infections.
The Godanti found in shiny layers is expected for medicinal purpose. It should possess crystal white color and lustrous radiance like the moon of autumn season (Sharath ritu).
Ingredients of Godanti Bhasma
- Godanti Gypsum CaSO4 2H2o (Calcium Sulphate)
- Chandan Ark
- Gharit Kumari
Indications of Godanti Bhasma
Godanti bhasma plays crucial role in Ayurvedic practice and it is useful in various health complications which are given below:
- It is very effective in chronic fever, typhoid fever.
- It deals with headache and it is beneficial in migraine and trigeminal neuralgia.
- It is useful in leucorrhea and it deals with white discharge and inflammation of women reproductive organs.
- It is useful in Menorrhagia (heavy bleeding) during menstruation.
- It act as calcium supplement and helps in calcium deficiency disorders like osteoporosis, backache, and rickets.
- It is helpful for gastric problems like gastric ulcers, diarrhea, dysentery and hyperacidity.
- It is also useful in burning sensation
Dosage of Godanti Bhasma
250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.It is traditionally administered along with ghee, honey milk or with sugar.
- Above 5 years-250 mg to 500 mg
- Adults-500 mg to 1 gram
Precautions with Godanti Bhasama
This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
Overdosage may cause severe side effects.
It should be very carefully used during pregnancy, lactation and in children, only if found very necessary by the prescribing doctor.
Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.