About Baidyanath Shadbindu Tail
Shadbindu Tail (Oil) is herbal and ayurvedic medicated oil used for sinusitis and sinus infections. It is one of the famous Nasya Oils used in ayurveda. Shadbindu oil is a main medicine used in NASYA Panchakarma Therapy. It is also useful in the treatment of septal deviations or turbinate hypertrophy.
Shadbindu Tail has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action, so it is helpful in all types of nasal and sinus infections. It also relieves headache, treats hair fall and baldness.
Indications of Baidyanath Shadbindu Tail
Shadbindu Tail is helpful in following diseases and symptoms.
- Sinusitis or sinus infections
- Nasal Polyps
- Septal deviations or turbinate hypertrophy
- Hair fall and baldness
- Migraine with dull ache
- Teeth weakness
- Weak Eyesight
Ingredients of Baidyanath Shadbindu Tail
- Sesame Oil
- Goat’s Milk
- Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) Juice
- Herbal Paste
- Castor roots (Ricinus communis)
- Tagara roots/Indian Valerian (Valeriana wallichi)
- Indian Dill (Anethum sowa)
- Jivanti (Leptadenia reticulata)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- False black pepper (Embelia ribes)
- Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Ginger (Zingiber Officinale)
- Rock salt
Uses & Benefits of Baidyanath Shadbindu Tail
The main action of Shadbindu Tail is on nasal cavity, sinuses and upper part of the body including brain, scalp, hairs, jawbone, mouth and eyes. Here are some main uses and benefits of Shadbindu Oil.
Sinusitis & Sinus Infections
Shadbindu Tail has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Therefore, it can help fighting infections of sinuses and reduces inflammation in sinusitis.
Sinusitis has two main types. Acute sinusitis usually occurs due to viral, bacterial or fungal infection. However, Shadbindu Tail is not greatly effective in these cases, but it can speed up the recovery when used for instilling in the nose along with antibiotics. It helps draining mucus, reduces blockage and lowers facial pain.
In some cases, patients have thick, yellow greenish discharge from the nose and sinuses are filled with pus. In this case, Shadbindu Tail is also effective for the drainage of pus and reduces blockage.
In Chronic sinusitis, Shadbindu Tail is more effective. Nasal polyps, allergic reaction and deviated nasal septum are most common causes of chronic sinusitis. Shadbindu Tail can help eliminating all these underlying causes.
Nasal polyp is a painless, soft and noncancerous growth in the nasal passage. It can be single or multiple. It may also present in sinuses. These polyps are common cause of chronic inflammation of upper respiratory tract and can become precipitating factor for allergies, asthma and certain immune disorders. Usually, nasal polyps result in breathing troubles, nose blockage and frequent infections. Some people may also experience loss of sense of smell.
Shadbindu Tail is effective in reducing size of nasal polyps, improving sense of smell, preventing frequent infections and reducing nasal blockage. It shrinks the size of nasal polyp and then helps eliminating it complete. It may take 3 to 6 months course with Shadbindu Tail to get rid of nasal polyps completely
Dosage of Baidyanath Shadbindu Tail
- It is used for Ayurvedic treatment. 2 – 6 drops of the oil are instilled into each nostril, after massage and hot treatment to face.
Precautions of Baidyanath Shadbindu Tail
In following conditions, you should not use Shadbindu oil.
- Nasal trauma or injuries
- Allergic reaction to any of its ingredient
- Loss of physical strength
- Shadbindu Tail can cause nasal irritation, which can stay for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- You can also have sneezing immediately after using it.
- It is normal and occurs in every patients taking NASYA Panchakarma Therapy.