About Hamdard Itrifal Ustukhuddus
Itrifal Ustukhuddus is an Unani medicine that has potential health benefits in headache and is useful in migraine. This formulation contains Triphala and Ustukhuddus as main ingredients. Ustukhuddus has beneficial effects on brain and nerves and Triphala acts as detoxifier and helps in digestive ailments. Due to Triphala, it is beneficial for constipation as well. Its continuous use is beneficial for maintaining black hair.
Indications of Hamdard Itrifal Ustukhuddus
Headache & Migraine Both Ustukhuddus and Almond oil increase strength of the brain and acts as brain tonic. Generally, headache occurs due to over activities of brain structures, which are pain sensitive. Lavandula Stoechas/ Ustukhuddus also reduces irritation of trigeminal nerve, which is also cause for migraine headache or trigeminal neuralgia.
Acidity and Indigestion The second cause of headache is illness of ill health of alimentary canal including stomach and intestines. Rosa Damascena flower, Amla and raisins reduce acidity and provide relief from headache associated with hyperacidity or gastric diseases. Ustukhuddus, almond oil, honey and Triphala herbs reduces gas formation in the abdomen. These herbs help in reducing abdominal distention, intestinal gas and cramps.
Constipation, and abdominal flatulence/ gas Triphala also treats constipation, which is also a significant cause of headache. Due to all these functions, Itrifal Ustukhuddus becomes a good remedy for headache.
Chronic Catarrh Ustukhuddus has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antimicrobial properties. It reduces symptoms of Chronic Catarrh.
Premature Greying of Hair & Hair Fall Itrifal Ustukhuddus contains herbs, which naturally treat nutritional deficiencies and reduces chronic constipation. Therefore, it is effective for premature whitening of hair.
Laxative The mild laxative action of Itrifal Ustukhuddus is due to Triphala and three types of Haritaki used in the formulations.
Ingredients of Hamdard Itrifal Ustukhuddus
- Terminalia Chebula/ Haritaki/ Post Halela Zard
- Terminalia Chebula/ Haritaki/ Post Halela Kabuli
- Terminalia Chebula/ Haritaki/ post Halela Siyah
- Terminalia Bellirica/ Bibhitaki/ Post Balela
- Emblica officinalis/ Amlaki, Indian Gooseberry/ Amla
- Lavandula Stoechas/ Ustukhuddus/ Ustukhuddus
- Rosa damascena flower/ Gule Surkh
- Polypodium vulgare/ Bisfaij
- Pistacia Lentiscus / Mastagi
- Cuscuta reflexa/ Amar bel/ Aftimoon
- Raisins/ Kishmish
- Almond Oil/ Badam Rogan
- Honey/ Shahad
Dosage of Hamdard Itrifal Ustukhuddus
- The dosage of Itrifal Ustukhuddus is about 5 to 10 grams (1 to 2 teaspoons) a day. One should take it preferably with milk at bedtime.
- Children 1/2 to 1 tsp.
- Adults 1 to 2 tsp.
Precautions of Hamdard Itrifal Ustukhuddus
- Itrifal Ustukhuddus is likely safe for most people. It does not contain any harmful ingredient. However, some people may have side effect of loose stools with its heavy dosage.
- Pregnancy Itrifal Ustukhuddus contains Terminalia Chebula/ Halela, which is not a suitable herb in pregnancy. Therefore, it is not safe in Pregnancy.
- Lactation Itrifal Ustukhuddus is possibly safe during lactation if taken under the supervision of Unani or Ayurvedic physician.
- Children Itrifal Ustukhuddus is possibly safe for children. There are no adverse effects reported in children while using it.