About Himcospaz Capsule
Antispasmodic: Himcospaz inhibits the contractions induced by several spasmogens (agents that produce muscle spasms) like acetylcholine and histamine.
Other actions: While relieving non-specific abdominal colic, Himcospaz improves digestion and controls diarrhoea. As an anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent, the drug is effective in alleviating the pain associated with menstrual cramps. Prostaglandin inhibitors found in Himcospaz are effective in the treatment of dysmenorrhea and other smooth muscle colic.
- Uterine colic as a result of dysmenorrhea and pelvic inflammatory disease
- Abdominal colic including intestinal colic (amoebic colitis)
- Biliary colic as a result of cholecystitis and gallstones
- Spasms associated with chronic infective and secretory diarrhoea, bacillary and amoebic dysentery, worm infestation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and mucus colitis
- Acute pain associated with lower urinary tract infections
- Acute pain associated with pancreatitis
- Ureteric spasms
Celery (Ajamoda): has spasmolytic (arresting spasms) properties, which are especially beneficial in relieving gastrointestinal tract spasms.
Ginger (Sunthi): inhibits both acetylcholine-evoked and electrically-induced smooth muscle contractions. The spasmolytic property is attributed to the active chemical constituent in Ginger, gingerol, which also inhibits the biosynthesis of prostaglandins (lipid compounds that have a role in pain perception). Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory that helps in the management of pain and discomfort associated with inflammatory changes in the gastrointestinal tract.
Himcospaz is not known to have any side effects.