About Khadi Honey
Deemed as a top health food across the globe, Khadi Honey is a wonderful creation. The health properties of this thick golden liquid have been valued since age. Honey is one of the oldest sweeteners on earth Honey has been consumed for thousands of years for its supposed health benefits. Honey was a mainstay in the medical practices of many cultures for centuries. Over 4,000 years ago, honey was used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, where it was thought to be effective in treating indigestion and imbalances in the body. Honey has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose, and it contains about 70 to 80 percent sugar, which provides its sweetness. Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Modern medical science has managed to find uses for honey in chronic wound management and combating infection.
- Honey is linked to wound-healing properties and antibacterial action.
- It has been used in medicine for over 5,000 years.
- Honey can replace sugar in meals, providing a healthier option. However, they can also add browning and excess moisture to a dish.
Khadi Honey as a boon:
1) Healing wounds and burns: There have been countless cases in which people have reported positive effects of using honey in treating wounds. Applying medical-grade honey to the wounds of patients has no advantage over normal antibiotics among patients undergoing dialysis. However, khadi honey should never be given to young infants as it can cause botulism, a rare but severe type of food poisoning.
2) Reducing the duration of diarrhea According to research-based reviews on honey, it has been shown that honey decreases the severity and duration of diarrhea. Khadi honey also promotes increased potassium and water intake, which is particularly helpful when experiencing diarrhea.
3) Preventing acid reflux Recent research has shown that honey can reduce the upward flow of stomach acid and undigested food by lining the oesophagus and stomach. This has helped to reduce the risk of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD can cause inflammation, acid reflux, and heartburn.
4) Relieving cold and cough symptoms Honey may be a preferable treatment for cough and sleep difficulty associated with childhood Upper Respiratory infection. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends honey as a natural cough remedy. The American Academy of Pediatrics also recognizes honey as a treatment for a cough. However, they advise that honey is not suitable for children under the age of one year. Various studies suggest that Khadi honey reduce night-time coughing and improved sleep quality in children with upper respiratory infection to a greater degree than the cough medicine.
5) Replacing added sugar in the diet Honey's sweet flavour makes it an ideal substitute for sugar in the diet. Added sugar in the diet provides excess calories with no nutritional benefit. This can lead to an increased body weight, which comes with an increased risk of high blood pressure and increased blood sugar. Khadi honey can be added to food and beverages to sweeten the taste without the negative health impact of added sugars. However, since honey is still a sweetener, it is important to remain mindful of how much honey being is used.
6)Medicinal use Honey is a versatile ingredient with a range of medicinal uses. Honey has been used to treat a wide array of illnesses, ailments, and injuries, It can be mixed with other remedies and consumed or rubbed onto the skin. Practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine have attempted to use honey as a remedy for the following: ·
While not all uses of honey are confirmed as effective, trying it as treatment will not make conditions any worse or cause harm. Khadi honey is sometimes touted as a cosmetic solution for cracked, dry, pimply, or clogged skin
Other health benefits of Khadi Honey:
- Weight management- Khadi honey can be used for weight loss ,A spoonful of honey taken with warm water in the morning is known to aid weight management.
- Khadi honey is a healthy substitute to sugar and is a great probiotic.
- Khadi Honey is known to be a good source of energy as its natural sugar and carbohydrates can easily be digested by the body.
- Honey Aids in digestion.
- Khadi Honey, is a natural cure for cough and throat irritation.
- Because of Khadi Honey's moisturizing and nourishing properties, it keeps your skin clean and glowing.
- Benefit from the goodness of honey with a daily dose of Khadi Honey and treat your mind, body and soul to a healthier lifestyle. Take your first step towards building your overall positive health with the many benefits of Khadi Honey today!
- Khadi Honey's exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body in regulating the blood sugar levels.
Precaution with Khadi Honey:
A person's overall eating pattern is most important in preventing disease and achieving good health. It is better to eat a diet with variety than to concentrate on individual foods as the key to good health. Honey is still a form of sugar, so intake should be moderate. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that women get no more than 100 calories a day from added sugars and men no more than 150 calories a day. This is equal to a little over two tablespoons for women and three tablespoons for men. However, honey has a wide range of benefits. It is recommended that infants under a year old do not consume honey. Honey may contain botulinum endospores that cause infant botulism in very young children, a rare but serious type of food poisoning that can result in paralysis. Even pasteurized honey has a chance of containing these spores.