About Vitamin D Alfa + Tablets:
Vitamin D alfa+ is a vegan dietary supplement enriched with multivitamin and multi minerals. Vitamin D Alfa+ promotes calcium and bone metabolism thus prevents bone related disorders and further restores and maintains good bone health. Vitamin D alfa + is recommended as a dietary supplement for fulfilling the body's daily Vitamin D requirement and for maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
Main Ingredients of Vitamin D Alfa + Tablets:
- Vitamin D3
- Anise seed
- Vitamin C, etc.
Importance of Vitamin D:
Vitamin D is a super important mineral essential for proper body functions, strong bones. It is commonly used for preventing and treating rickets, a disease that is caused by not having enough vitamin D (vitamin D deficiency). Vitamin D is also used for treating weak bones (osteoporosis), bone pain (osteomalacia), bone loss in people. Data in research also indicate that in obese and overweight people with vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D supplementation aids weight loss and enhances the beneficial effects of a reduced-calorie diet. Too little vitamin D results in soft bones in children (rickets) and fragile, misshapen bones in adults doctors believe that fatigue is a symptom of vitamin D deficiency. The recommended form of vitamin D is vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol. This is the natural form of vitamin D that your body makes from sunlight. A clinical study reported in 2008 suggested that vitamin D2 works as well as vitamin D3. People 50 to 70 years old should get 10 mcg daily (400 IU) daily, and those over 70 should get 15 mcg daily (600 IU). Based on recent research doctors recommends 2,000 IU of vitamin D per day. Vitamin D Alfa + from Lords is recommended as a dietary supplement for fulfilling the body’s daily Vitamin D requirement and for maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
Pharmacology of Vitamin D:
The most important compounds in this group are vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) and vitamin D2. Vitamin D3 and vitamin D2 can be ingested from the diet and from the supplements. Very few foods contain vitamin D. Vitamin D is made in the skin from cholesterol dependent on sun exposure. In humans, cholecalciferol produced on the skin and the fraction obtained from the diet and supplements in the gastrointestinal tract are converted in the liver to 25-hydroxycholecalciferol and then in the kidney to 1,25-dihydroxycholecaIciferol. Vitamin D increases intestinal absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphate and zinc. These are essential compounds to maintain healthy bones and bone metabolism. To prevent rickets (soft bones in children) and osteomalacia, providing an adequate amount of vitamin D to the body is utterly necessary. Vitamin D Alfa + contains 15 mcg of vitamin D3 in its formulation that is adequate to fulfil the requirement of vitamin D. In addition to vitamin d, vitamin d alfa + contains four potent herbs which are known to have properties to prevent bone diseases hence help in restoring the vitamin d deficiency.
1. Alfalfa: Alfalfa is an authentic source of fat soluble vitamins especially vitamin D & K and minerals such as calcium, Phosphorus, potassium & iron. Alfalfa contains vitamin D2 at a concentration of 80 ng/g and vitamin D3 at 1.0 ng/g. Therefore, the presence of vitamin D2, as well as vitamin D3 in alfalfa makes Vitamin D Alfa + a better supplement for vitamin D deficiency.
2. Anise seed: Often calcium deficiency is not an issue of insufficient dietary calcium but an issue of poor calcium absorption. Anise seed in Vitamin D Alfa + plays a vital role in breaking down amino acids including dietary supplements (i.e. vitamin D). Hence anise helps to activate vitamin D in the intestine by breaking it down (leading it to activation) and promoting health to intestinal tract so that the optimal calcium absorption can occur within the body.
3. Rosemary officinalis: Rosemary extract enhances the effects of vitamin D3 derivatives in human. Studies have shown that carsonic acid in rosemary enhances the low concentration of vitamin D3 in human.
4. Fenugreek: Vitamin D which comes from the diet or dietary supplement is biologically inert and requires its first hydroxylation in the liver to stimulate intestinal calcium absorption. Fenugreek assists vitamin D hydroxylation by maintaining adequate level of bile juices in the stomach by providing beneficial effects to GIT so that the hydroxylation (that leads to calcium absorption) of vitamin D can take place easily. Thus the better absorption of vitamin D further helps in quick recovery of delicate bones. Minerals and vitamins in Vitamin D Alfa + help body to activate vitamin D into a form that body can use therefore keep the bones and teeth healthy and strong.
Dosage of Vitamin D Alfa + Tablets:
1 tablet once daily or as prescribed by the dietician / doctor.
- Store in a cool,dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from children's reach.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage.
- Consult your doctor before consumption if Pregnant/lactating.