About Modicare Multivitamin-Multimineral Tablet
Multivitamin-Multimineral Tablet fromModicare contains essential vitamins and minerals which support your health and help you stay fit all day long. Vitamins are organic compounds, essential to the body’s needs to grow and develop and for normal physiological functions. They are natural components found in food though in small amounts. Vitamins support growth and reproduction. Absence of vitamins causes deficiency in the body. Vitamins are of two types namely fat soluble (A, D, E, K) and water soluble (C, B). There are 13 vitamins in total. The best way to get enough vitamins is through consumption of a balanced diet. If deficiency persists, it is recommended to take vitamin supplements.
- Vitamin B1 or Thiamine helps in release of energy from carbohydrates and helps to transmit nerve impulses. Commonly found in whole grains, nuts, fruits and pork. Deficiency of Vitamin B1 affects nervous system resulting in difficulty in walking.
- Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin promotes healthy growth and tissue repair and helps release energy from carbohydrates/ macro-nutrients. Its common sources include – milk, dairy, dark leafy vegetables, meat, poultry, legumes and mushrooms. Vit B2 deficiency results in inflammation of the mouth, nose and tongue, dry scaling lips.
- Vitamin B3 or niacin extracts energy from macro-nutrients, important for normal structure and functioning of skin and body linings and nervous system. Meat, poultry, fish, legumes, eggs are a good source of niacin. Deficiency of vitamin b3 results in pellagra (diarrhea, dermatitis, dementia and death)
- Vitamin b5 or pantothenic acid acts as a co-enzyme and helps in energy release from macro-nutrients. It is found in both plant and animal food sources. Insomnia, headache, nausea can be seen if deficiency of vitamin b5 exists.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxamine helps in macro-nutrient metabolism. It converts tryptophan to niacin and helps in red blood cells and antibodies formation. Commonly found in beans, legumes, nuts, egg, meat, fish and cereals. Its deficiency results in anemia and decreased antibody production.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin acts as a coenzyme in carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Found in both animal and plant food sources, its deficiency results in dermatitis, tongue soreness and hair loss.
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid or folate is necessary for RBC’s development, DNA formation and neural tube formation in fetus. Found in green leafy vegetables, liver, legumes, milk, nuts, cereals and dairy products. Folic acid deficiency results in anemia, spina bifida and neural tube defects.
- Vitamin B12 or cobalamine is essential in folic acid metabolism, formation of new cells and RBC’s. Exclusively found in animal food sources like eggs, meat, poultry, fish, milk and dairy. Its deficiency anemia, fatigue, loss of appetite, dementia, loss of bowel and bladder control.
- Vitamin C also called ascorbic acid helps in formation of collagen, aids in iron absorption, build new tissues to heal wounds and increased resistance to wounds. It is abundant in citrus fruits, guava, strawberries, gooseberries, capsicum, tomatoes, potatoes and raw cabbage. Vit C deficiency results in scurvy, anemia and weakness.
- Vitamin A or retinol (precursor: - Beta carotene) promotes normal vision, growth, resistance to infection and maintains healthy skin. It is found in dark green leafy vegetables, yellow and orange colored vegetables. Its deficiency results in xeropthalmia, night blindness. If taken in excess amounts results in toxicity called hypervitaminosis A. excess intake in pregnancy might cause birth defects.
- Vitamin D or cholecalciferol promotes absorption of calcium and phosphorus, maintains healthy strong bones and teeth and optimal calcification of bones. It had to be absorbed from sunlight. It can be stored in he body. Deficiency of vitamin d leads to rickets, osteomalacia and excess of Vit D results in excess levels of calcium in blood.
- Vitamin E (tocopherols) acts as antioxidants that neutralizes the damage of free radicals and blocks carcinogens. It prevents breakdown of Vitamin A and unsaturated fatty acids. It is known to be beneficial for skin and hair. Vegetable oils, whole grains, nuts and seeds, whet germ and dairy products are rich in vitamin E. Its deficiency leads to hemolysis of RBCs and nerve destruction.
- Vitamin K (phylloquinone) is known for blood clotting. It helps in production of prothrombin and some clotting factors. Found in dark green leafy vegetables, tomato, soybeans, liver and milk; its deficiency causes hemorrhage, prolonged blood clotting.
Minerals are chemical elements required in very small amounts by the body for growth, repair and regulation of vital bodily functions. They are considered inorganic in comparison of vitamins. Their basic function includes acid-base balance, muscle movements, body growth and metabolism. Minerals are classified as Macro (sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, sulfur, chloride), micro (chromium, manganese, iron, cobalt, molybdenum, copper, zinc, fluoride, iodine, selenium) and trace minerals (lead, mercury).
- Calcium is known for formation of bones and teeth, muscle contraction and relaxations, nerve impulse transmission. It is found in milk and dairy products, cereals, millets, nuts, legumes, tofu. Ragi is rich in calcium. Calcium deficiency results in rickets, osteoporosis, tetany. Toxicity of calcium leads to renal calculi (kidney stones)
- Phosphorus works similar to calcium, aids in formation and maintenance of bones and teeth and macro-nutrient metabolism. Its sources include milk, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, legumes. Its deficiency results in muscular weakness and poor bone formation. Its toxicity leads to decreased calcium and magnesium absorption in body.
- Potassium maintains acid-base, water balance in the body along with regulation of muscle movements. It is rich in fruits, vegetables, milk, meat and legumes. Deficiency of potassium results in hypokalemia which is characterized by muscle cramps, rapid and irregular heartbeat, nausea and weakness.
- Magnesium regulates macronutrient metabolism, gives strength to bones and teeth, aids muscle relaxation and supports immune system. Its sources include nuts, legumes, whole grains, soybeans, chocolate, seafood. Its deficiency causes tetany, weakness, irritability.
- Zinc, a trace element aids in protein synthesis, normal growth & sexual maturation, insulin synthesis and affects normal sensitivity to taste and smell. Zinc is found in meat, liver, poultry, sea foods, whole grains and legumes. Its deficiency is commonly associated with severe malnutrition, delayed wound healing, diarrhea, hindered growth.
- Iodine is majorly associated with thyroid hormone synthesis and normal functioning of thyroid gland. It is commonly found in iodized salt, sea foods, cod liver oil. Its deficiency results in goiter, retard physical development, increased abortion rate and still births.
- Copper considered to be twin of iron, aids in hemoglobin formation and helps in absorption of iron. Meat, shellfish, liver, legumes, nuts and whole grains are rich in copper. Its deficiency leads to anemia and poor growth.
- Chromium, another trace mineral improves uptake of glucose and found in meat, whole grains and cheese.
- Selenium aids the antioxidant system and helps in formation of antibody with vitamin E. It also helps in synthesis of active thyroid gland. Its deficiency might lead to a heart disease. Selenium is found in organ meats, eggs and whole grains.
Modicare Multivitamin-Multimineral Tablet Dosage
- As a dietary supplement , consume 1 tablet daily with Breakfast.
- Not to be substituted with meals.
- Consult your dietitian/ certified gym trainer prior to confirm dose along with diet and exercise regimen.
Modicare Multivitamin-Multimineral Tablet Storage
- Keep the lid tightly closed.
- Store in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight, and out of reach of children.
Modicare Multivitamin-Multimineral Tablet Warning
- Consult your dietitian/ certified gym trainer prior to use
- Do not exceed recommended serving and daily intake.
Modicare is a pioneer in manufacturing and distributing Health and Wellness products. All the products are developed by the Company’s own highly experienced technical staff at its R&D centers.