About Sitopaladi Tablets
Sitopaladi Tablets is a classical ayurvedic medicine beneficial in a variety of disease relating to respiratory system, digestive system and immune system. Most commonly, it is used as base for several remedies beneficial in respiratory diseases. The main function of Sitopaladi Tablets is restoration of natural functions of respiratory, digestive, immune and several other systems of the body. The main action appears in respiratory troubles. It can work alone in management of cough, chronic fevers and debility after chronic diseases.
Ingredients of Sitopaladi Tablets
- Misri (crystallized sugar lumps)
- Piper Longum – Long Pepper (Pippali)
- Elettaria Cardamomum – Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
- Cinnamomum Zeylanicum – Cinnamon – Dalchini
- Medicinal Properties of Sitopaladi Tablets
- Antimicrobial – Antibacterial
- Appetizer and Digestive Stimulant
- Mild Antiviral
Therapeutic Indications of Sitopaladi Tablets
- Chronic bronchitis
- Delayed Milestones
- Lack Of Physical Strength
- Chronic Gastritis
- Duodenal ulcer
- Peptic ulcer
- Mouth ulcer
- Ulcerative colitis
- Loss of appetite
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Sitopaladi Tablets
The detailed benefits and medicinal uses of Sitopaladi Tablets are given underneath
Ingredients in Sitopaladi Tablets have antitussive and anti-inflammatory properties. In many cases, it works well alone without any additional remedy. It is also beneficial in cough during pregnancy.However, cough may have several causes, but ayurveda divides it into main five categories
- VATAJA KASA
- PITTAJA KASA
- KSHATAJA KASA
- KSHAYAJA KASA
Sitopaladi Tablets along with Gandhak Rasayana, Yashad Bhasma and Praval Pishti is beneficial in sore throat.
- Sitopaladi Tablets
- Gandhak Rasayana
- Praval Pishti
- Yashad Bhasma
- Sitopaladi Tablets is recommendable in inflammation of the tonsils or swollen tonsils. The following combination reduces symptoms like sore throat, swelling, inflammation, tender lymph nodes of neck and difficulty swallowing.
- Sitopaladi Tablets is not a potent medicine for asthma, but it has role to reduce inflammation, swelling of airways and mucus production. It works well in following combination in the management of asthma.
Sitopaladi Tablets has bacteriostatic effect on tuberculosis mycobacterium. Therefore, Sitopaladi Tablets plays a supportive role in the management of T.B. especially when symptoms initially appear. It may not be greatly beneficial in advanced stages of Tuberculosis as compared to Swarna bhasma and Vasant Malti Ras, but it can provide symptomatic relief in following symptoms when used along with potent antitubercular medicines
- Cough (especially dry cough)
- Coughing up blood
- Loss of appetite
- Night sweats
- Low-grade fever
- Debility or weakness
- Sitopaladi Tablets along with Jasad Bhasma and Praval Pishti is useful in chronic fevers. It has mild febrifuge effects when given with Praval Pishti, but the main role of Sitopaladi Tablets is to digest the toxins that cause the fever and helps the body to eliminate them.Many patients with low-grade fever suffer from fatigue, restlessness, loss of appetite and debility. Sitopaladi Tablets is a drug of choice in such cases. The following combination is helpful in chronic fever and low-grade fevers.
Debility after Typhoid Fever
- The combination described in chronic fevers is also a drug of choice in debility that occurs after typhoid fever. It provides strength to the body, increases elimination of residual toxins and improves metabolism in the body.
Low Immunity & Recurrent Infections
- Sitopaladi Tablets contains potent immunomodulatory ingredients, which enhances non-specific immunity. Therefore, children with recurrent upper respiratory tract infections can get benefits from it.
- Sitopaladi Tablets is LIKELY SAFE in most people in the dosage described above.
- There are no side effects observed with the use of Sitopaladi Tablets. It is generally one of most safe ayurvedic medicines.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Sitopaladi Tablets is also LIKELY SAFE for pregnant women and lactating mothers when used under the supervision of ayurvedic physician.