About Organic India Quinoa:
Quinoa is one of the world's most popular health foods.Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids.It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Although there are approximately 120 varieties of quinoa, the three most commercialized types are white, red, and black quinoa:
- White Quinoa: This variety, commonly known as ivory quinoa, is the most widely available in stores. The best part about this is that it takes the least time to cook.
- Red Quinoa: This variety is most preferred by chefs for dishes like cold salads. Compared to the white variety, red quinoa tends to retain its original shape and structure after cooking.
- Black Quinoa: This variety retains its original color even after cooking. Although it takes the longest to cook. This one has a unique earthy and sweet flavor.
Health benefits of Organic India Quinoa:
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat: It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains(Promotes Digestion): Fiber is most widely known to relieve constipation. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. Fiber lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, may lower your risk of developing hemorrhoids and may help you to lose weight as it takes a longer time to chew than does other foods because it makes you feel fuller for longer and is less “energy dense” which means it has fewer calories for the same volume of food.
3. Quinoa contains Iron: Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation. Iron carries oxygen from one cell to another and supplies oxygen to our muscles to aid in their contraction. Iron also increases brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen. There are many benefits of iron some more of which include neurotransmitter synthesis, regulation of body temperature, aids enzyme activity and energy metabolism.
4. Quinoa contains lysine that Aids tissue growth:Quinoa is particularly high in lysine, an amino acid which plays an important role in tissue growth and repair.
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium: Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. Magnesium also may reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control. Other health benefits of magnesium include transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
6. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2): B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells.
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese: Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.
8. Quinoa promotes Heart Health: Quinoa is packed with oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid and alpha-linolenic acid, this combination can help reduce unhealthy (LDL) cholesterol levels in the blood and fight inflammation that can lead to hardening of the arteries.
Quinoa is also gluten-free and therefore can be consumed by people who have gluten intolerance. It can be used in bread, pasta, and other food items that usually contain gluten. It can also be used in place of other gluten-free food items like tapioca, potato, corn because of its high nutrition value.
Quick Serving Tips:
Before cooking it, one has to make sure that the saponin layer of the seeds has been removed. In most cases, quinoa bought is rinsed off and dried, but to be extra careful, you can rinse it off. This saponin can give a bitter taste to quinoa if it is not rinsed off as well. When storing any left-over quinoa, it is important to note that moisture can affect the freshness of the grain. Therefore, make sure to store it in an airtight container, in a cool and dry place. Now let us take a look at some of the simple serving tips for quinoa.
Boiled: After soaking and rinsing, it can be boiled in water. 1 cup of quinoa takes about 1½ cups of water to boil. Boil it for about 15 minutes, then add a pinch of salt for it to cook. While pressure cooking, only 5 minutes of high-flame cooking is required.
Salad: Quinoa can be added to salads with the choice of your vegetables and seasoning. The salad tastes good and is also nutritious. It is good for those who don’t want to gain extra weight.
Why Organic India?
ORGANIC INDIA is a pioneer in bringing to the market, a range of organic-certified herbal formulations with no side-effects. These are 100% vegetarian and boost your fitness and overall wellness. The hygienically manufactured capsules, pack in a wealth of Ayurvedic herbs such as Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Amlaki, Tulsi, Moringa, Triphla and Turmeric that keep lifestyle diseases at bay. The no-chemical range, packed in glass bottles, is powered to give you clear skin, build up stress-resistance, immunity, mental fitness, energy, sound sleep, good memory and alertness.