About Organic India Tulsi Tummy Tea:
Tulsi's potent restorative powers are blended with Ginger, Cinnamon and other calming digestive herbs to provide effective digestive support. Delicious, soothing and settling to the stomach and the digestive system.
Health benefits of Organic India Tulsi Tummy Tea
- Soothing & relaxing
- Aids digestion
- Supports the immune system
- Powerful adaptogen
- Uplifts mood
- Supports the natural detoxification process
- Caffeine & gluten free
About Tulsi (Holy Basil):
Tulsi, also called Holy Basil, is one of the most sacred plants in India and is considered “The Queen of the Herbs” for its restorative and spiritual properties. Also spelt Tulasi or Thulasi, it has been used for thousands of years to support a healthy response to stress, natural detoxification, and restore balance and harmony. Our infusions are not only delicious and organic, they are nature’s perfect rejuvenative.
Tulsi (Holy Basil): Benefits to Body & Mind:
Modern research has classified Tulsi as an adaptogenic herb. Adaptogens have been shown to support the body’s healthy reactions to stress. Adaptogenic herbs have been used in the Ayurvedic tradition for thousands of years to promote and maintain wellness. Many adaptogenic herbs have been referred to by herbalists as rejuvenative herbs, qi tonic herbs, rasayanas or restorative herbs. They help the body adapt to environmental, physical and emotional stressors, support normal functions and restore balance.
Proposed Health Benefits of Tulsi:
Of the three types of tulsi, Krishna Tulsi is often considered to be the most beneficial to health, followed closely by Rama Tulsi. Vana Tulsi has less potency, but it is sometimes blended with other types of tulsi for a more pleasing flavor. In Ayurvedic practice, common uses of tulsi include treatments for:
- Asthma, bronchitis, colds, congestion, coughs, flu, sinusitis, sore throat and similar ailments
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Headaches, earaches, and eye disorders
- Skin diseases and insect bites
- Cramping, gastric disorders, indigestion, intestinal parasites, mouth diseases, ulcers, and vomiting
- Diabetes and blood sugar imbalances
- Joint pain and rheumatoid arthritis
- Kidney stones
Medical research conducted by institutions favorable to alternative medicine confirms that tulsi is:
- A powerful adaptogenic herb (an herb that reduces stress and increases energy)
- Able to reduce the frequency and severity of asthma attacks
- High in antioxidants
- Immuno-modulating (able to increase or decrease the immune system's activity to the optimal level)
- Protective of the liver, and more generally protective against certain chemical toxins and radiation, but not contraindicated by chemotherapy (so it's safe to use while receiving chemo)
Tulsi is also sometimes used to decrease fertility in men and women, so it is not recommended that those who are trying to conceive,drink large amounts of tulsi.
Direction for usage of Organic India Tulsi tummy tea:
Pour freshly boiled water over an infusion bag of Tulsi Tummy Tea in a large cup. Make sure to cover & steep for 10 minutes or longer to get maximum benefits of the herbs. You will experience how the flavour grows on you with each sip.
- Store in a cool,dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from children's reach.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage.
- Consult your doctor before consumption if Pregnant/lactating.