Also known as
Nm, Nat Mur, Nat Muriatica, Nat Muriaticum, Natrum Mur, Natrum Muriatica, Natrium Muriaticum
It is a mineral with an affinity for fluids, and as it is in nature so it is in the body. It is found predominantly in the extracellular fluids, in striking contrast with the potassium salts, which are mainly intercellular. From this position, it acts as a regulator of the transport and distribution of the body fluids. It distributes the water throughout the organism. An unequal distribution of water in the system sometimes causes excessive dryness of mucous membranes.
Uses of Natrum Mur
- For headache, toothache, stomachache (PAINS).
- Hypersecretion of tears or vomitting of water and mucus.
- Anemia (low Hb), leucocytosis (increased WBC count) gouty and rheumatic gout, Dry Mucous membranes.
- Natrum Mur increases production of red blood cells and albumin, a protein found in animal and vegetable tissues.
- It does not cure by supplying the amount of salt that the body needs, but acts to alter and restore the tissues of the body so they can assimilate (utilise) the body's needs for salt from food.
Common symptoms of Natrum Mur
- Small watery blisters urticaria; itch and burn are well treated by Natrum mur.
- Crusty eruptions in bends of limbs, margin of scalp, behind ears.
- Warts on palms of hands with dryness and sweat.
- Eczema, skin disease with watery symptoms is well treated by Natrum Mur.
- Pain in back, with desire for some firm support. Every movement accelerates (fastens) the circulation.
- Palms hot and perspiring are well indicated for Natrum Mur.
Important indicated symptoms of Natrum Mur
- Mental symptoms are increased before menstruation, and she may suffer from headaches, nausea , skin eruptions, weakness, back pains, heart palpitations, and pains in her abdomen and loins.
- Sweats while eating is a marked feature in Natrum Mur patient.
- Watery diarrhoea, white discharge in female watery, with pain during menses.
- The patient is frequently constipated. When stools do occur, they are dry and hard and often difficult to expel.
Cause for the complaints in Natrum Mur
- Emotional excitement, trauma, bad news, grief, disappointed love, fright, suppression of emotions, sexual excess, and head injuries.
- After excess use of quinine( medicines used for treatment of infective diseases, malaria mainly).
mornings, cold air, open air
evenings, warmth, pressure.
Reactions with Natrum Mur
It is safe to take the tablets even if you are on other mode of treatment like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc. Homeopathic medicines do not interfere with the action of other medicines. It is safe and without any side effects.
Dosage of Natrum Mur
- Put tablets into mouth and allow them to dissolve under the tongue.
- Adults and adolescents (12 years and older) 2 to 4 tablets,four times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
- Children (under 12 years) 2 tablets twice a day.
- In acute cases a dose every hour or two.
- In severe, painful affections a dose every ten to fifteen minutes.
- In chronic affections one to four doses daily
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medic.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of treatment.