About Leg traction brace
Traction is the use of a pulling force to treat muscle and skeleton disorders. It is applied for fracture, sprain and strain in lower extremity. Leg traction helps to correct the structure of leg. It is used after knee injury/surgery. Leg traction brace is a traction halter applied to the leg for below knee traction. It offers a distinct advantage of a very large holding surface area, ease of application and removal, reuse and patient comfort. To reduce tension due to backward flexion (bending) of foot.
- Easy application and removal.
- No loosening, less monitoring.
- Large skin contact area.
- Ensures no vaso-constriction.
- Eliminates need of an adhesive.
- Convenient and quick to apply.
- Distributes pressure evenly.
Leg traction brace is made of three-layered PU bonded fabric. It offers Soft feel and plush looks through the top layer, Comfortable cushioning through the middle Polyurethane layer. Inner layer provides good frictional characteristics. Multiple hook loop closures ensure controlled compression.
- Skin traction to reduce hip and sacral pain.
- Hip/Sacral Pain.
- Ideal for weak or geriatric skins.
- Skin peeling.
- Stabilize and realign bone fractures like a broken leg.
- Treat bone deformities caused by certain conditions, such as abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.
- The inside top edge of the brace is indicated by the 'Inside Up' label.
- Accordingly, wrap the brace below the knee. Use the velcro and buckle closure to fit the brace comfortably on the patient.
- Re-adjustment of the brace may be required to center the traction belt strap (1 inch width), along the line of leg.
- Traction Kit with weight bag is available separately.
- Hand wash using cold water and mild soap.
- Air dry in shade.
- Do not brush hard.
- Do not squeeze.
- No machine wash.