About Badam pak
Badam Pak is an ayurvedic food supplement prepared with almonds (main ingredient) and other spices and herbs. The most of its ingredients are used in Indian Kitchen and safe for long-term use. The formulation is developed in such way that it can provide benefits to both mind and body. As a general tonic, it helps to stay active and energetic, improves mental as well as physical endurance, provides strength and energy, and manages common viral and bacterial infections.
In ayurvedic medicine, Badam Pak helps to deal with headache, mental fatigue or exhaustion with a little work, eye fatigue or strain due to computer work, eyesight weakness, memory loss, depression, mental stress, anxiety, mild constipation, anemia, men’s health problems, etc.
Ingredients of Badam Pak
- Badam (Almonds) – Prunus Amygdalus
- Cow’s Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Sugar – Saccharum Officinarum
- Elaichi (Green Cardamom) – Elettaria Cardamomum
- Badi Elaichi (Black Cardamom or Nepal Cardamom) – Amomum Subulatum
- Jaiphal (Nutmeg) – Myristica Fragrans
- Laung (Clove) – Syzygium Aromaticum
- Kesar (Saffron) – Crocus Sativus
- Dalchini (Cinnamon) – Cinnamomum Zeylanicum
- Pista (Pistachio) – Pistacia Vera
- Chironji (Charoli) – Buchanania Lanzan
- Swarna Vark (Gold Leaves) or Swarna Bhasma
- Chandi (Rajat or Raupya) Vark (Silver Leaves) or Rajat Bhasma
Medicinal Properties of Badam Pak
- Memory Booster
- Tonic for Brain, Heart & Blood Vessel
- Mild anti-depressant
- Potential Prebiotic
Indications of Badam Pak
- General nervine tonic for improving memory retention and concentration
- Mental Fatigue
- Memory loss
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Physical debility
- Anxiety and depression
- Eye fatigue or strain
- Eyesight weakness
- Mild constipation
- Men’s health problems
Benefits & Uses of Badam Pak
Badam Pak is a nervine tonic and supports cognitive functions. It also provides all benefits of almond nutrition. It is commonly used by Indian people for brain development and enhancing memory in children. People with stressful jobs can also use it as a mental tonic for reducing the effects of stress and mental workload. Generally, it improves mental capabilities and improves overall cognitive functions. It increases concentration, attentiveness, memory, retention power, mental endurance, and mental awareness. It also increases strength and gives energy to the body.
Improve memory and learning capacity
Badam Pak significantly improves the memory and overcomes forgetfulness. It enhances learning capacity and increases the memory retention. All these benefits are due to almonds in it.
Badam Pak can be good food supplement for patients with Alzheimer’s disease. The initial study reveals that almonds act as a memory-restorative agent.
Almonds are main ingredients of Badam Pak, so it can help in abridging the progress of dementia in Alzheimer’s disease. The long-term administration of it can help in the management of Alzheimer’s disease.
Forgetfulness may be the first sign of Alzheimer’s disease. Badam Pak appears to be highly effective for reducing the forgetfulness and improving the memory.
Badam Pak is recommended for mental fatigue. It deals with mental stress, improves mental tolerability and enhances the attentiveness and concentration. Badam Pak is a very suitable remedy for people feeling mental exhaustion with a little work and also for people using the mind in excess, doing work on the computer or engaging in excessive thinking. The nutrients in Badam Pak also nourish the brain and neurons, which make the person more energetic and enthusiastic.
Morning Fatigue & Headache
Poor sleep or sleep debt, low blood glucose following the overnight fasting may be the cause of morning fatigue and morning headache. Adrenal fatigue also shows the symptom of morning fatigue. Almonds are also good food for adrenal. Therefore, Badam Pak helps to overcome the morning fatigue and headache in all cases.
Taking Badam Pak just before sleep with milk helps to deal with these symptoms and make one to feel energetic in the morning and to stay active for a whole day.
A headache may also be associated with constipation and mental stress, anxiety, depression etc. In some people, a headache can also occur due to mental or nervine weakness. Badam Pak is a good remedy for headache with these causes.
Badam Pak is a nutritive food supplement, which provides good nutrients to the body and improves the strength. It is common in Ayurveda prescriptions for physical debility.
Manages Occurrence of Viral Infections
Badam Pak is prepared using whole Almonds including its skin. Almond skin is well researched for its immune-stimulatory action.
Almonds in Badam Pak lowers the occurrence of common viral infection such as flu and common cold. Almond skin boosts the immune system and improves the ability of leukocytes (WBCs) to detect viruses. It helps the body to decrease the replication of viruses and spreading inside the body.
The optimum dosage of Badam Pak provides these benefits to children, adults and old aged people and deals with common cold and flu.
Almonds in Badam Pak have mild laxative and anti-constipation action. It also helps to normalize the peristaltic movements and provides strength to the intestine, which helps to manage constipation.
Almonds in Badam Pak cut down oxidative stress and decrase inflammation.Furthermore, Almonds decrease DNA damage and protect the body from the damage due to reactive oxygen species.Therefore, Badam Pak helps decrease the oxidative stress and damage due to it in the body, which helps to delay aging and increases the longevity.
Dosage of Badam Pak
- Children-5 grams
- Adults-10 grams
- Pregnancy-10 grams
- Lactation-10 grams
- Maximum Possible Dosage-40 grams Per Day (in divided doses)
Safety Profile of Badam Pak
Badam Pak is considerably safe for most individuals in recommended dosage when Badam Pak is taken under professional supervision.
Side Effects of Badam Pak
There are no side effects observed with regular intake of Badam Pak in recommended dosage.
Pregnancy & Lactation
- Badam Pak is likely to be safe in pregnancy in dosage less than 20 grams per day. More concern is about the Jaiphal (Nutmeg) quantity in the Badam Pak. 20 grams Badam Pak is likely to contain approximately 20 mg Jaiphal powder, which is insignificant to cause uterine contractions and even more quantity is found in some foods prepared in Indian Kitchen. However, the dosage should not be increased from 20 grams of Badam Pak per day for precautionary purposes.
- In lactation, Badam Pak is likely safe and can be used nutritious purposes in addition to therapeutic benefits.