About Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan ((also spelled as Gandhaka Rasayana)) is a Sulphur based Ayurvedic preparation. It is prepared by processing purified Sulphur in herbal ingredients. Sulphur/Sulfur is known as ‘Gandhak’ in Sanskrit and Hindi due to its strong peculiar rotten-egg like smell. It is a non-metallic element found in nature. There are four varieties of Sulphur viz. red, yellow, white and black. Of these the red and black are not available now. Yellow variety is used for internal use and white is used for topical application.
Ingredients & Composition of Gandhak Rasayan
- Chaturjat decoction
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) Decoction
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) Decoction
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry or Phyllanthus emblica) Decoction
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) Decoction
- Ginger (Zingiber Officinale ) rhizome juice
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) juice
Medicinal Properties of Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan has following healing properties.
- Broad spectrum Antibiotic
- Digestive stimulant (mild effects)
- Antipyretic (mild effects)
- Analgesic (reduces tenderness and pain of soft tissues)
- Blood purifier
Dosage of Gandhak Rasayan
The dosage of Gandhak Rasayan can vary according to age, health condition and several other factors. The safest dosage of Gandhak Rasayan is around 250 mg to 500 mg twice or thrice a day
This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
Overdosage may cause severe side effects.
It should be very carefully used during pregnancy, lactation and in children, only if found very necessary by the prescribing doctor.
Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.