About Mahayograj Guggulu
Mahayograj Guggul (also spelled as maha yograj guggulu) is an ayurvedic herbal-mineral preparation. It is used in joint and muscle disorders, digestive diseases, respiratory troubles, urinary disorders and all types of pain disorders and inflammatory diseases. Due to today's fast lifestyle one is suffering from joint pain at variant age,Mahayograj Guggulu is acting as a best supportive medicine for pain reliever without any known side effects.
Ingredients of Mahayograj Guggulu
- Suddha Guggulu
- Triphala Powder
- Dried ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Pipali (long pepper or piper longum) – fruit
- Pipali (long pepper or piper longum) – roots
- Chavya (Piper cubeba)
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Fried Hing (Asafoetida)
- Ajmod (Apium Graveolens) celery seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Black Cumin
- White cumin
- Nirgundi seeds
- Inderjo (Holarrhena Antidysenterica seeds)
- Patha (Cissampelos Pareira)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Gajpipal (Java Long Pepper)
- Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa)
- Atees or Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Bharangi (Clerodendrum serratum)
- Vacha (acorus calamus)
- Mustak (Cyperus rotundus)
- Castor Oil (Erand Oil)
- Minerals and Bhasma in Mahayograj Guggul
- Minerals Quantity
- Rajat Bhasma (Chandi or Silver Calcined particles)
- Vang Bhasma
- Naga Bhasma
- Loha Bhasma
- Abhrak Bhasma
- Mandur bhasma
- Ras Sindoor
Mahayograj Guggul has following healing properties.
- Anodyne or Analgesic
- Antispasmodic (antispasmodic)
- Muscle relaxant
- Digestive Stimulant
- Fat Burner and anti-obesity
Mahayograj Guggul is helpful in following diseases.
Muscle, Bones & Joints
- Backache with stiffness
- Gout with joint stiffness
- Joint stiffness
- Muscular cramps
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Constipation (due to weakness of intestines and reduce peristalsis)
- Abdominal distension
- Intestinal Gas
- Bowel upset
- nerve weakness
- muscle weakness
- Sciatic nerve pain
Benefits & Uses
Mahayograj Guggul is useful in disorders of nervous system and musculoskeletal system. Its main action is on AMMA(toxins developed in the body due to malabsorption and undigested food). It digests AMAA and stops further formation by rectifying digestion process and metabolic activities in the body.
It has significant difference from Yograj Guggulu. Yograj Guggulu works only on AMAA, metabolism and pain, but Maha Yograj Guggul also provides strength to different organs in addition to these. Maha yogaraj guggul contains bhasma and minerals, which make it more effective than Yograj guggul.
Backache with stiffness
Maha Yograj guggul reduces stiffness and backache. In backache,it is more beneficial with Dashmoolarista.
Mahayograj guggul has antispasmodic action due to magnesium based Abhrak Bhasma. It also contains other ingredients such as Guggul, Rajat Bhasma and triphala, which helps relives tenderness, muscle pain and tiredness. It is more effective when it is used with Ashwagandha powder or Ashwagandharishta.
Gout with joint stiffness and acute pain
However, more safe remedies are available for gout and high uric acid including Kaishore guggulu, Amritadi Guggul, Singhnad Guggulu, chandraprabha vati, punarnavarishta, punarnava powder, giloy decoction etc. Mahayograj guggul is used when joint stiffness and acute pain are more prominent symptoms than joint tenderness or dull pain. In this condition, it is beneficial with Giloy Decoction.
After subsidence of acute pain, one can take yograj guggul for stiffness and Gokhsuradi guggulu and punarnava powder for reducing raised uric acid.
Mahayograj guggul Gold is more beneficial for rheumatoid arthritis. It relives swelling, stiffness and pain. However, it is best in acute attack of rheumatoid arthritis.
Dosage of Mahayograj Guggulu
1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day after food preferabely with lukewarm water.
Precautions of Mahayograj Guggulu
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies and lactating mother.
- Make sure to select this medicine from a good company.
- In high doses, it may cause or worsen gastritis.
- keep away from reach of children.